I’ve pinned a button onto my jacket that denotes me as soluble. Pure and simple. It’s a blue button with white text.
- I’ve a high potential for condensation. I feel I could dissolve like salt in warm water.
- In an argument, I can disintegrate into clumps like acrylic in an acetone bath.
- Don’t ever wet me or expose me to sudden cold. I need to acclimate to avoid eventual evaporation.
- When I think of soluble, I recall the Wicked Witch of the West withering. I think of candle wax burning.
- If I had it my way, I would rather not leave this Earth in water form. I would prefer to splatter into fiery sparks.
- Or else become a genie fog that curls into a porcelain lamp like a plume of vape smoke traveling back inside your mouth.
- Or drift past the Milky Way into the starry spray of the multiverse.